If you are a healthcare facility accepting sewn masks, gowns or caps please submit the Needs Assessment Form
Please note we cannot guarantee the quality or safety of the product.
For more information regarding sewn items, please see Recipient Information Sheet
For frequently asked questions such as:
Are hand-sewn masks safe?
What do government organizations recommend?
Who are hand-sewn masks intended for?
Check the General Information Sheet for this information.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com
Other sewing campaigns & sewing groups
Click here to see if one is available in your area
- Hand-sewn masks should only be provided to those who are unable to acquire manufactured PPE (e.g., medical masks or N-95 respirators) that are regulated and safety tested.
- Homemade masks, caps, and gowns are not considered PPE, since their capability to protect users is unknown. We are unable to guarantee the effectiveness or safety of hand-sewn masks, caps, and gowns for wearers. Caution should be exercised when considering this option.
- Homemade masks should ideally be used in combination with a face shield that covers the entire front and sides of the face.
- Studies show that hand-sewn masks may be approximately 3-30% effective at reducing the user’s exposure to airborne particles.
- Users should be aware that hand-sewn masks, caps, and gowns may give users a false sense of protection that may encourage risk taking and/or decrease attention to other hygiene measures (Consensus Study Report, 2006)
- We are unable to compensate donors for costs of supplies or labor.
3D PRINTED PPE
With the help of various local 3D printer individuals, maker spaces and organizations, we are proud to be coordinating the production and distribution of 3D printed face shields. These face shields are to be donated to healthcare institutions in need in Northern Ontario.
If you are a healthcare facility looking to place an order for 3D Printed PPE, please follow these steps:
- Fill out this google form to register your facility
- Sign the waiver and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will receive an email from us. Activate your account, then order our 3D printed products, free of charge!
- Please look through our Sanitization Instructions, Face Shield Assembly Instructions, and How to Attach an Elastic